The holiday season is fully underway, and Dickerson Chorus is starting the month BIG! Here’s the rundown for this week…
- Walton Chorus Winter Concerts @ Walton Theatre: 6PM (all students perform) and 8PM (no 9th grade students)
- 8AM morning rehearsal for Sixth Grade Chorus Holiday Lights performers — mandatory!!
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Chorus caroling at The Avenue East Cobb! Students stay after school, wear crazy holiday attire, and will carol 5:30/45-6:15. Pick-up is 6:15 in front of Michaels.
- Sixth Grade Chorus student sing at East Cobb Park Holiday Lights! Calltime is 5:20 in crazy holiday attire/colors; we sing at 5:45, and pick-up is 6:15.
Congratulations to this year’s Hawks game National Anthem performers!
Red forms (for performers, chaperones, shirt orders, and all ticket orders) and payment are due WEDNESDAY, November 6.
EIGHTH GRADE TRIP PACKETS were handed out today in class. Visit the Eighth Grade Chorus trip tab for the packet.
Fundraiser items are being delivered next week on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29.
All items MUST be picked up on TUESDAY between 12PM and 6PM, through the music side doors. If you purchased 1-3 items those can go home on the bus; any more and someone needs to come pick them up.
Parents, click here to help during Fundraiser Delivery day.
Happy Friday! A few announcements about chorus shirts, hoodies and formal uniforms:
- Items cannot be taken home until they have been paid for. If you still owe money for a shirt, hoodie, dress, or tux, please turn that in as soon as possible. Online payments closed after due dates, so all money will now need to be turned in via check or cash.
- If you purchased a garment bag, they are not in yet
- Tux ensemble ties: the wrong size ties were delivered; the correct sizes just arrived and will be handed out on Monday
- 7th and 8th grade: try on your new dress or tux ensemble–most will need to be hemmed. It’s recommended you avoid cutting off material in case you grow or pass your uniform down to a sibling or friend. Try to make alterations where you just fold the material under.
SEVENTH GRADE AND NEW EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS: Formal uniform and garment bag payments are due tomorrow. Click the Uniforms tab for the informational paper that was sent home. Payments can be made online or via check/cash.
ALL-STATE AUDITIONEES: Our first audition prep meeting is tomorrow at 8AM. You can come to as many or as few as you want until auditions in November, however, the more you attend, the more confident you will be! Bring your All-State folder.
DISTRICT HONOR CHORUS SINGERS: The first morning rehearsal is this Friday at 8AM for the BARITONES. As of now, we are still waiting on music to arrive. Please plan for us to still rehearse, and if music still has not come in by Thursday, we will cancel and reschedule your rehearsal for another time.