Seventh and Eighth Grade Chorus families:
I spoke with students today in class, but we have been closely monitoring the possibility of inclement weather intermittently throughout our scheduled caroling tomorrow at The Avenue. I’ve been in communication with The Avenue over the last few days, and Mr. Hill and I have discussed and decided to go ahead and cancel tomorrow’s event. The Avenue has been making plans to move activities with Santa inside, but they do not have an indoor space large enough to accommodate us.
It’s unfortunate, but I hope that many of you were either able to carol last week, or if you would now like to be part of the atrium caroling next Tuesday or Thursday morning but are not signed up currently, please see me tomorrow in class and we will look at making some additions due to the circumstances.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding – when your event is at the mercy of the weather, anything can happen! I hope everyone can make some cozy, festive alternate plans for their Friday evening. Have a great weekend!
Seventh & Eighth Grade 12/3 Avenue East Cobb Final Reminders
- Bring to school or wear caroling attire
- Come to chorus room when bus riders are dismissed
- Buses drop us off at The Avenue around 5:30PM
- Parent pick-up is in front of the big tree & sleigh in the center at 6:30PM – no buses are going back to Dickerson!
- if you have prior parent permission to stay on your own after the event, you will be dismissed at 6:30 from the big tree as well
- HAVE FUNNNN
Sixth Grade 12/5 Holiday Lights Final Reminders
- tracks and lyrics are on CTLS if you want to practice
- wear performance attire to event
- arrive at East Cobb Park at 4:30PM
- Performance is 5-5:30PM
- Parent pick-up is at 5:30PM
- HAVE FUNNNN
Happy Concert Week!
Eighth Grade Chorus: Tuesday, November 16 @ 6:30PM (call @ 5:45PM)
Seventh Grade Treble (7-1) Chorus: Wednesday, November 17 @ 6:30PM (call @6PM)
Seventh Grade Mixed (7-2) Chorus: Wednesday, November 17 @ 7:30PM (call @ 7PM)
6-1 Chorus: Thursday, November 18 @ 6:30PM (call @ 6PM)
6-2 Chorus: Thursday, November 18 @ 7:30PM (call @7PM)
Please click the appropriate grade below for the info paper that was sent home at the beginning of November and posted on CTLS.
- Fall Concert Reminders went home today! (8-2 yours will go home Tuesday) A digital copy can be found under Resources.
- The Walton Chorus Fall Concert is tomorrow, October 26 at Lassiter High School at 7PM. Seating is open; no reservations required. If you attend the concert (make sure you see Ms. G or take a selfie and show her Wednesday) OR watch the live stream at www.waltonchorus.com (if you watch the live stream you must write 3 sentences about your 3 favorite parts of the concert and give to Ms. G Wednesday) you will earn THREE HOUSE POINTS! There could be some major House upsets from this… 🙂
- Seventh and Eighth Graders: this Friday morning at 8AM is the next All-State Audition prep session. By this time your song should be just about memorized, and you should be using the accompaniment track moreso than the practice track.
Formal uniforms for 7th and 8th grade chorus students are ready for purchase! Please visit the Uniforms tab for details and the Uniform Info Paper & Measurement Form.
PAYMENT (ONLINE) & MEASUREMENT FORM (to MS. GUERRA)
DUE SEPTEMBER 8
Welcome to the 2021-2022 year for Dickerson Chorus! We are so excited to be back in the chorus room and ready for an amazing year of singing and learning and fun!
Click the Handbook tab and Supplies tab for the information we’re going over in class this first week – grading, supplies, uniforms, and the calendar.
All students are required to complete the Chorus Handbook Contract with their parents, linked here and via the QR code below:
Visit the Uniforms page for information on this year’s spiritwear.
All orders are due March 26!
The 2021 Dickerson Chorus National Anthem Bracket Champion: