Today we kicked off our annual music fundraiser in each chorus class. Every year, our chorus students raise thousands of dollars that go directly back to providing them the best musical instruction and opportunities possible.
This first selling weekend is HUGE — sell to neighbors, grandparents, coaches, scout leaders, family friends, your parent’s co-workers, and more! I’ll do our first numbers check on Monday–which class will sell the most items?!
DONATIONS!!! When making your “sales pitch,” don’t forget to talk about donations. With donations, 100% goes to the chorus program.
Don’t forget to collect money from people as you sell! Money goes to your PARENTS, who will write ONE BIG CHECK to Dickerson Middle School on the turn-in day.
CHORUS TURN-IN DATES: SEPTEMBER 12-13
Today in class students received information about a couple awesome events coming up. Please see below for details so permission slips and money are turned in on time!
2019 Music Fundraiser Kick-Off: Friday, August 23
Parents, please click here to help.
GUYS DAY 2019: August 27
Click here for the permission slip. FREE food and FUN times! Permission slip due AUGUST 23.
Click here for Guys Day Parent Volunteer Sign-Up.
GIRLS DAY 2019: August 29
Click here for the permission slip. FREE food and FUN times! Permission slip due August 23.
Click here for Girls Day Parent Volunteer Sign-Up.
BELLA VOCE 2019: September 7
This event is for all female choristers 6th-8th grade. Permission slips went home today. Slips and money are due AUGUST 23. Hover over the EVENTS tab above and click Bella Voce for details.
REAL MEN SING 2019: September 14
This event is for all male choristers 6th-8th grade. Permission slips went home today. Slips and money are due AUGUST 23. Hover over the EVENTS tab above and click Real Men Sing for details.
Have you looked over this year’s chorus handbook? The handbook contains the calendar, grading breakdown, required materials and information on uniforms.
Have you completed the ONLINE handbook contract agreement? This is replacing the paper handbook contract handed out in previous years.
Click the handbook tab above to view the handbook AND to fill out the online form. THEN, don’t forget to have a parent sign your agenda as confirmation that they saw and completed the form. Example: Chorus Handbook Form Filled Out: __________________________
Good evening! I hope everyone is as excited as I am about tomorrow’s performance. In case you aren’t already aware, with the weather forecast for the Eighth Grade Field Day on Friday, it has been rescheduled to tomorrow. This means I will not see any classes until calltime tomorrow evening, so a few final reminders…
- Calltime means be there FIVE MINUTES EARLY! We need every minute!
- Be dressed in your concert attire when you arrive. Make sure you’ve eaten prior.
- PLEASE be respectful of the facilities–pick up after yourselves, help your classmates do the same.
- Each ensemble has 2-4 parents overseeing starting when you leave your stage calltime with me and through to the end of the concert. They will take you to the Choir Rehearsal room to drop off your things and ALL PHONES, then back up to the sanctuary to sit in your spots until concert time. Listen to the adults and show them the utmost respect.
- Always display excellent stage, audience, and transition etiquette. Let your demeanor be as fantastic as how you all sound.
- Have fun!!!!!!