As you know, the school district has canceled all field trips. Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding refunds. At this point, we are unable to guarantee anything because the payments were all made to travel companies or vendors.
We have reached out to our travel companies or vendors and they are doing everything they can to secure refunds. This process could take some time (6-8 weeks), and the travel company/vendors says that they cannot guarantee anything at this point.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but hope that you’ll bear with us as we are all dealing with these extraordinary events.
Dickerson Chorus families:
Chorus virtual learning will take place beginning Monday, March 16. To access, hover on the new Virtual Learning tab, and click your grade level. The password was given in class Friday, and will be sent via email on Sunday. There will be daily digital instruction based on the national music standards used in the normal classroom setting. Ms. Guerra will be available via email during normal school hours. We are in this together!
Eighth Grade Trip Update
8th Grade Trip Families: We are still planning on attending the 8th grade trip until we are told otherwise by the district. The following information is from the Cobb County School District pertaining to travel:
Student Travel: Currently, travel scheduled within the US or for areas not identified as high risk will proceed as planned. We have communicated with all travel companies utilized by the district to ensure they follow the same CDC and/or DPH recommendations.
At this time, there are no trip refunds as stated in the trip handbook if you should elect to remove your child from the trip.
Welcome to March! This week Show Choir and a portion of the Eighth Grade Chorus will perform during Dickerson’s 40th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday. There will be teachers, administrators, and staff from all 40 years of Dickerson’s existence in attendance, so this is a very special performance! Let’s WOW them!
Also on Thursday is the deadline for LGPE permission slips for all 7th and 8th grade chorus students. This is a mandatory, graded event, as stated in the choral handbook.
- calltime: 6PM, pick-up 7PM
- attire: gold tops & bowties, black pants, black button-down shirts, black vests, black “dancing” shoes
- girls: make sure undergarments are skin-colored or clear!
EIGHTH GRADE CHORUS
- calltime: 6PM, pick-up 7PM
- attire: formal chorus uniforms
Happy Friday! It’s hard to believe it’s already almost February, but January was busy and there’s many more exciting things to come!
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3: Final Eighth Grade Washington, DC Trip Payment Due (now $200 instead of $250)
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4: Rising Sixth Grade Visit and Parent Meeting
- During the day, select sixth grade chorus students will sing some fun loop songs for the visiting 5th graders, while the rest of the sixth grade chorus will have student-led classes singing warm-ups, silly songs, and doing physical exercises we’ve learned throughout the year as fifth graders walk through the chorus room. All students are encouraged to wear Dickerson Chorus spiritwear; loop song performers are required to wear blue Dickerson Chorus shirt (not hoodie) and blue jeans.
- In the evening, a small sampling of our talented eighth graders will sing the Pentatonix arrangement of White Winter Hymnal, complete with all the awesome body percussion, for the fifth grade parents during Rising Sixth Grade Night. Students must wear blue Dickerson Chorus shirt (not hoodie) and blue jeans. Calltime for students is at 6:30PM in the chorus room – they can enter via the music doors. We will perform at 7:05PM and pick-up is 7:15. Parking will be extremely limited so parents are encouraged to drop students off, go grab a quick Starbucks or run and errand, and then head back over 🙂
The holiday season is fully underway, and Dickerson Chorus is starting the month BIG! Here’s the rundown for this week…
- Seventh Grade Chorus sings the national anthem to open the Atlanta Hawks game! Go to the National Anthem tab under events to read the parent and student “reminders” students were given in paper format today. PARENTS, have you completed the Hawks online waiver for your child? Students will NOT be allowed on the court if it has not been completed.
Eighth Grade Chorus trip payment # 2 deadline! ($200 per person)
- Walton Chorus Winter Concerts @ Walton Theatre: 6PM (all students perform) and 8PM (no 9th grade students)
- 8AM morning rehearsal for Sixth Grade Chorus Holiday Lights performers — mandatory!!
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Chorus caroling at The Avenue East Cobb! Students stay after school, wear crazy holiday attire, and will carol 5:30/45-6:15. Pick-up is 6:15 in front of Michaels.
- Sixth Grade Chorus student sing at East Cobb Park Holiday Lights! Calltime is 5:20 in crazy holiday attire/colors; we sing at 5:45, and pick-up is 6:15.