As you know, the school district has canceled all field trips. Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding refunds. At this point, we are unable to guarantee anything because the payments were all made to travel companies or vendors.
We have reached out to our travel companies or vendors and they are doing everything they can to secure refunds. This process could take some time (6-8 weeks), and the travel company/vendors says that they cannot guarantee anything at this point.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but hope that you’ll bear with us as we are all dealing with these extraordinary events.
Dickerson Chorus families:
Chorus virtual learning will take place beginning Monday, March 16. To access, hover on the new Virtual Learning tab, and click your grade level. The password was given in class Friday, and will be sent via email on Sunday. There will be daily digital instruction based on the national music standards used in the normal classroom setting. Ms. Guerra will be available via email during normal school hours. We are in this together!
Eighth Grade Trip Update
8th Grade Trip Families: We are still planning on attending the 8th grade trip until we are told otherwise by the district. The following information is from the Cobb County School District pertaining to travel:
Student Travel: Currently, travel scheduled within the US or for areas not identified as high risk will proceed as planned. We have communicated with all travel companies utilized by the district to ensure they follow the same CDC and/or DPH recommendations.
At this time, there are no trip refunds as stated in the trip handbook if you should elect to remove your child from the trip.
Welcome to March! This week Show Choir and a portion of the Eighth Grade Chorus will perform during Dickerson’s 40th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday. There will be teachers, administrators, and staff from all 40 years of Dickerson’s existence in attendance, so this is a very special performance! Let’s WOW them!
Also on Thursday is the deadline for LGPE permission slips for all 7th and 8th grade chorus students. This is a mandatory, graded event, as stated in the choral handbook.
- calltime: 6PM, pick-up 7PM
- attire: gold tops & bowties, black pants, black button-down shirts, black vests, black “dancing” shoes
- girls: make sure undergarments are skin-colored or clear!
EIGHTH GRADE CHORUS
- calltime: 6PM, pick-up 7PM
- attire: formal chorus uniforms
The holiday season is fully underway, and Dickerson Chorus is starting the month BIG! Here’s the rundown for this week…
- Walton Chorus Winter Concerts @ Walton Theatre: 6PM (all students perform) and 8PM (no 9th grade students)
- 8AM morning rehearsal for Sixth Grade Chorus Holiday Lights performers — mandatory!!
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Chorus caroling at The Avenue East Cobb! Students stay after school, wear crazy holiday attire, and will carol 5:30/45-6:15. Pick-up is 6:15 in front of Michaels.
- Sixth Grade Chorus student sing at East Cobb Park Holiday Lights! Calltime is 5:20 in crazy holiday attire/colors; we sing at 5:45, and pick-up is 6:15.
Congratulations to this year’s Hawks game National Anthem performers!
Red forms (for performers, chaperones, shirt orders, and all ticket orders) and payment are due WEDNESDAY, November 6.
EIGHTH GRADE TRIP PACKETS were handed out today in class. Visit the Eighth Grade Chorus trip tab for the packet.
Fundraiser items are being delivered next week on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29.
All items MUST be picked up on TUESDAY between 12PM and 6PM, through the music side doors. If you purchased 1-3 items those can go home on the bus; any more and someone needs to come pick them up.
Parents, click here to help during Fundraiser Delivery day.
Happy Friday! A few announcements about chorus shirts, hoodies and formal uniforms:
- Items cannot be taken home until they have been paid for. If you still owe money for a shirt, hoodie, dress, or tux, please turn that in as soon as possible. Online payments closed after due dates, so all money will now need to be turned in via check or cash.
- If you purchased a garment bag, they are not in yet
- Tux ensemble ties: the wrong size ties were delivered; the correct sizes just arrived and will be handed out on Monday
- 7th and 8th grade: try on your new dress or tux ensemble–most will need to be hemmed. It’s recommended you avoid cutting off material in case you grow or pass your uniform down to a sibling or friend. Try to make alterations where you just fold the material under.
SEVENTH GRADE AND NEW EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS: Formal uniform and garment bag payments are due tomorrow. Click the Uniforms tab for the informational paper that was sent home. Payments can be made online or via check/cash.
ALL-STATE AUDITIONEES: Our first audition prep meeting is tomorrow at 8AM. You can come to as many or as few as you want until auditions in November, however, the more you attend, the more confident you will be! Bring your All-State folder.
DISTRICT HONOR CHORUS SINGERS: The first morning rehearsal is this Friday at 8AM for the BARITONES. As of now, we are still waiting on music to arrive. Please plan for us to still rehearse, and if music still has not come in by Thursday, we will cancel and reschedule your rehearsal for another time.