Honor Chorus has been so so fun today, and guess what? The concert is being live streamed tonight! These students truly sound fantastic and this is not a concert to miss. Live streaming starts at 6:30PM, and the concert begins at 7PM. Click here to pull up the stream. Enjoy!
Congratulations to this year’s Hawks game National Anthem performers!
Red forms (for performers, chaperones, shirt orders, and all ticket orders) and payment are due WEDNESDAY, November 6.
EIGHTH GRADE TRIP PACKETS were handed out today in class. Visit the Eighth Grade Chorus trip tab for the packet.
Fundraiser items are being delivered next week on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29.
All items MUST be picked up on TUESDAY between 12PM and 6PM, through the music side doors. If you purchased 1-3 items those can go home on the bus; any more and someone needs to come pick them up.
Happy Friday! A few announcements about chorus shirts, hoodies and formal uniforms:
- Items cannot be taken home until they have been paid for. If you still owe money for a shirt, hoodie, dress, or tux, please turn that in as soon as possible. Online payments closed after due dates, so all money will now need to be turned in via check or cash.
- If you purchased a garment bag, they are not in yet
- Tux ensemble ties: the wrong size ties were delivered; the correct sizes just arrived and will be handed out on Monday
- 7th and 8th grade: try on your new dress or tux ensemble–most will need to be hemmed. It’s recommended you avoid cutting off material in case you grow or pass your uniform down to a sibling or friend. Try to make alterations where you just fold the material under.
SEVENTH GRADE AND NEW EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS: Formal uniform and garment bag payments are due tomorrow. Click the Uniforms tab for the informational paper that was sent home. Payments can be made online or via check/cash.
ALL-STATE AUDITIONEES: Our first audition prep meeting is tomorrow at 8AM. You can come to as many or as few as you want until auditions in November, however, the more you attend, the more confident you will be! Bring your All-State folder.
DISTRICT HONOR CHORUS SINGERS: The first morning rehearsal is this Friday at 8AM for the BARITONES. As of now, we are still waiting on music to arrive. Please plan for us to still rehearse, and if music still has not come in by Thursday, we will cancel and reschedule your rehearsal for another time.
Formal Uniform papers went home today to Seventh Grade Chorus students and all new Eighth Grade Chorus students. Visit the UNIFORMS tab to view/download the paper. Uniform payments can be be made online OR cash/check (to Dickerson Middle). Payments are due OCTOBER 2.
Any students who were not sized at Guys Day or Girls Day will be sized next TUESDAY, September 17. Parents, click here to help with those uniform fittings.
CHORUS FUNDRAISER TURN-IN IS NEXT WEEK! Here’s what you need to know…
- Chorus turn-in is September 12 and 13 during classes
- Each student should be turning in ONE check with all fundraiser items added together and ONE check with all donations added together. ONE CHECK.
- Instead of a total item sheet in your packet like in previous years, this year it is an electronic form that will do the math for you! You just enter how many of each item you need total. This Order Sheet should be completed at home, printed, and placed in the packet to be turned in. Click here to download and complete the Order Sheet. Don’t forget to print!!
- PARENTS, we need lots of help on chorus fundraiser turn-in days. Students have been doing a great job getting donations and selling fundraiser items but that means a lot will be turned in!! Please click here to sign up to volunteer.