Hey there, Dickerson Chorus!
Feeling a bit bored?
Looking for a new activity?
Wanna have some fun competing against your chorus classmates?
This week we’re starting Chorus Bingo! It’s a fun little game for all Dickerson Chorus students. Every week will be a different Bingo card. YOUR task is to complete as MUCH of the board as possible! Double BINGO, triple BINGO, how many squares can you complete? I will post the top “scorers” in each grade as well as the top “scorers” out of everyone weekly with a new post right here on the chorus website. Your “score” is the number of boxes you completed for the week.
Have fun, and good luck!
The Chorus Bingo Flipgrid code is: chorusbingo
As you know, the school district has canceled all field trips. Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding refunds. At this point, we are unable to guarantee anything because the payments were all made to travel companies or vendors.
We have reached out to our travel companies or vendors and they are doing everything they can to secure refunds. This process could take some time (6-8 weeks), and the travel company/vendors says that they cannot guarantee anything at this point.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but hope that you’ll bear with us as we are all dealing with these extraordinary events.
Dickerson Chorus families:
Chorus virtual learning will take place beginning Monday, March 16. To access, hover on the new Virtual Learning tab, and click your grade level. The password was given in class Friday, and will be sent via email on Sunday. There will be daily digital instruction based on the national music standards used in the normal classroom setting. Ms. Guerra will be available via email during normal school hours. We are in this together!
Eighth Grade Trip Update
8th Grade Trip Families: We are still planning on attending the 8th grade trip until we are told otherwise by the district. The following information is from the Cobb County School District pertaining to travel:
Student Travel: Currently, travel scheduled within the US or for areas not identified as high risk will proceed as planned. We have communicated with all travel companies utilized by the district to ensure they follow the same CDC and/or DPH recommendations.
At this time, there are no trip refunds as stated in the trip handbook if you should elect to remove your child from the trip.
Welcome to March! This week Show Choir and a portion of the Eighth Grade Chorus will perform during Dickerson’s 40th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday. There will be teachers, administrators, and staff from all 40 years of Dickerson’s existence in attendance, so this is a very special performance! Let’s WOW them!
Also on Thursday is the deadline for LGPE permission slips for all 7th and 8th grade chorus students. This is a mandatory, graded event, as stated in the choral handbook.
- calltime: 6PM, pick-up 7PM
- attire: gold tops & bowties, black pants, black button-down shirts, black vests, black “dancing” shoes
- girls: make sure undergarments are skin-colored or clear!
EIGHTH GRADE CHORUS
- calltime: 6PM, pick-up 7PM
- attire: formal chorus uniforms
The holiday season is fully underway, and Dickerson Chorus is starting the month BIG! Here’s the rundown for this week…
- Walton Chorus Winter Concerts @ Walton Theatre: 6PM (all students perform) and 8PM (no 9th grade students)
- 8AM morning rehearsal for Sixth Grade Chorus Holiday Lights performers — mandatory!!
- Seventh and Eighth Grade Chorus caroling at The Avenue East Cobb! Students stay after school, wear crazy holiday attire, and will carol 5:30/45-6:15. Pick-up is 6:15 in front of Michaels.
- Sixth Grade Chorus student sing at East Cobb Park Holiday Lights! Calltime is 5:20 in crazy holiday attire/colors; we sing at 5:45, and pick-up is 6:15.