More details AND electronic copies of each form discussed below are under the Uniforms tab.
Formal uniform papers went home today in 7th and 8th grade classes. All 7th and 8th grade chorus students must have a formal uniform. Garment bags are an optional addition for just $5 more.
ALL classes received Shirt/Hoodie forms. All 6th grade chorus students must have a Dickerson Chorus t-shirt to wear as their uniform this year. Everything else is optional. There are multiple color options for hoodies this year–check it out!
Payments for clothing can be made with a credit card this year. Directions are on the Uniforms page.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 28.
Next Friday, August 24 is our annual music fundraiser kick-off. Dickerson Chorus students are the best and always get many donations and participate heavily in the fundraiser so we are able to do some wonderful things throughout the year, and I know this year will be no different!
Parents, click here to assist during our fundraiser kick-off. It will take place in each class.
In each class information was given out for the upcoming GUYS WEEK (August 21-23) and GIRLS WEEK (August 27-28). We are very excited about these new events and many guests will be present throughout both events to lead some of the rotations.
GUYS WEEK guests include Walton Chorus men, a percussionist, and a gym trainer. GIRLS WEEK guests include Walton Chorus ladies, a percussionist, and a guest choral director from another school. Formal uniform fittings for 7th graders and 8th grade new students will also occur-don’t miss it!
Permission slips and links for parent volunteers can be found below.
Click here to view/download the Guys Week permission slip.
Click the following link to sign up to help during Guys Week:
Click here to view/download the Girls Week permission slip.
Click the following link to sign up to help during Girls Week:
ALSO given out were forms for this year’s REAL MEN SING and BELLA VOCE workshops.
REAL MEN SING is for all Dickerson Chorus guys on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8. Go to the above “EVENTS” tab and click “REAL MEN SING” for details and the information paper handed out in class. *There was a typo on the permission slip/info paper handed out–it is Saturday the 8th, NOT Sunday the 9th! Apologies for any confusion*
BELLA VOCE is for all Dickerson Chorus ladies on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15. Go to the above “EVENTS” tab and click “BELLA VOCE” for details and the information paper handed out in class.
This is going to be a fantastic year of music-making! A few important things…
- The 2018-2019 Choral Handbook is available under Documents –> Handbook. We went over it in class today; please let me know if you would like a hard copy.
- The Handbook Contract is due Friday, 8/3 for 7th and 8th grade.
- A calendar overview went home on blue paper today–please make note of the winter concert, LGPE, and spring concert dates–those are graded performances!
- Two NEW BIG events were left off the calendar: “Guy’s Week” August 21-23 at DMS 4:30-5:30, and “Girl’s Week” August 27-28 at DMS 4:30-6. More information is forthcoming.
- Sign up for Remind texts for your grade ensemble by going to Documents –> Remind 101. You do not need to re-sign if you signed up last year.
- Sign up for Volunteering Remind texts by going to Documents –> Remind 101. You DO need to sign up again even if you signed up last year.
- Students are expected to have theory books, pencil, and notebook or loose-leaf paper. Theory books will be checked for a grade on Monday, August 13 for all grades.
A few final reminders:
- bring a case of water
- luggage drop off is in the theatre Thursday morning 8-9AM
- students come to chorus room at 11AM with backpacks
- students will eat lunch–bag lunch or school lunch–in the chorus room
- dinner Thursday and lunch Sunday are NOW PROVIDED. So, a student could hypothetically bring $0 on the trip and be completely good to go. FYI.
- get excited!!!!
Here is the packing list once again:
- ONE labeled luggage that can fit under bus or in top compartment
- MUST bring concert attire (dress/shirt/pants/cummerbund/bowtie, black dress shoes)–in a labeled bag/garment bag
- MUST bring 2 DMS Chorus Trip shirts (will receive in class next week)
- MUST bring a case of water, to be stored under the bus
- Shirts for the non-chorus-shirt days
- Comfortable pants (would bring 1 pair of shorts/capris and 1 pair of long pants)
- Jacket or hoodie for bus/hotel/colder weather
- Good walking shoes
- Socks (hotels can be cold!)
- Water bottle
- Small bag or badge-holder for bus and/or to carry around park (waterproof is preferable)
- Spending money for souvenirs
- Any school make-up work you want to complete on the bus
- G or PG movies to watch on the bus
- If you plan on bringing a selfie stick…be aware those are strictly prohibited on rides at Busch Gardens
Remember that on all school-related trips you must follow dress code!